Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Failure !

I was talking to a child
I asked the following question.
Could you please tell me the opposite of a word if I ask you?
Yes, answered the child. It followed thus
Black         White
Day           Night
Good         Bad
Life           Death
India          Pakistan
Christian      Muslim
I can see a tragedy
But who failed here?
What follows is my thought process
Not a doctrine, not a recommendation not even a comment
We are walking into the trap of the compulsive need to categorize and generalize
Why do we have to see a person with
-    Religion
-    Nationality
-    Race
To form an opinion and nurse a relationship
Again my belief
We need to see only if the person is
Kind or not

As any act that you initiate and do that is soaked in kindness can NEVER be wrong.

5 comments:


  1. When your heart is pure -your intentions and actions will also be good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree Kishan! But I find that present day urban youth does not care about such discrimination as caste, colour, religion etc. My children, nephews/nieces and spouses do not bother about such irrelevant matters which is good sign and some kind of a hope for future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share the same observation - This post was triggered due to an interaction with someone who still caries such notions

      Delete